Are you a Business Minded Agent or an Agent just looking for the next deal?
Do you look at your career in real estate as an opportunity to create a great future for you and your family or are you just looking for the next commission check?
Take a look at some of the actions and thought processes of Business Minded Agents compared to Transactional Agents.
In what areas can we help you become a better salesperson?
Business Minded Agent
- Has a specific time to be at work each day.
- Works from a schedule-knows exactly what will be accomplished each day.
- Tracks important sales numbers to increase efficiency, flexibility and profit.
- Knows when and where their next deal will come from.
- Plans their production and growth.
- Looks for sellers to bring buyers.
- Works on their mindset and attitude every day.
- Practices and develops skills each day.
- Creates unlimited opportunities each day.
- Uses specific scripts that bring positive results.
- Looks for new business each day.
- Maintains a database of past clients & their sphere of influence & has a plan to communicate with them.
- Contacts their SOI & past clients on a scheduled basis.
- Has systems in place for lead generation, lead follow up, listings and buyers.
- Focuses on production that creates profit.
- Understands that what they do impacts the economy and more importantly…the client.
- Uses technology to create highly profitable spin-off business.
- Will show up to work if they get up in time.
- Not sure what to do each day.
- Does not track sales result numbers.
- Hope someone calls them for a “deal”.
- Worries about commission splits.
- Looking for the next buyer.
- If I pray to the real estate gods…all will be well…right?
- Does not believe skills are important in the real estate business.
- Thinks the grass is greener somewhere else.
- “Wings” discussion with prospective clients.
- Waits for business to come to them.
- Has no real database.
- Will speak with their SOI & past clients only if their SOI or past client calls.
- What’s a system? This is real estate…not a “real job”!
- Will take a deal at any cost.
- Is concerned only about how much money they will earn.
- Hopes technology will keep them from having to actually engage in selling.
Which one sounds better to you?
Real Estate is a business and requires some kind of plan, without it you will flounder and be constantly chasing the next deal. A plan gives you control of your life, self confidence, and security. If I can help you build a plan for your business please give me a call. 239-822-6000.
To your success,
Real Estate Mentor
Thanks to John Joseph for his input on this article.